Having invested in a Dual Fuel Champion Generator, I wanted to connect it to the QC (Quick Connect) port on my camper.
The RV.net forum member put this nice graphic together.
Parts for the Mod
- Anderson Metals - 56123-0402 Brass Pipe Fitting, Reducing Hex Nipple, 1/4" Male Pipe x 1/8" Male Pipe
- DOZYANT 1/4" RV Propane Quick Connect Adapter for Propane Hose, Propane or Natural Gas 1/4" Quick Connect or Disconnect Kit - Shutoff Valve & Full Flow Plug - 100% Solid Brass
- EDGE INDUSTRIAL Brass REDUCING Coupling 1/4" X 1/8" Female NPT FNPT Fuel/AIR/Water/Oil/Gas WOG (Qty 01)
- MENSI Propane/Natural LP Gas Quick Disconnect Connect 1/4” dust Cap Diameter 12.5mm (1/4") 3sets/lot ONLY for 1/4" Propane Quick Disconnect (Only one is needed, but sold in a 3 pack)
The DozyAnt has both the Quick connect and the Plug.
This splits your existing QC plug into two QC plugs so you can have your stove and generator connected at the same time.
- 1/4'' RV Propane Quick Connect Y Splitter Adapter for RV Trailer, 1/4" Quick Connect Splitter Kit, 2 Way LP Gas Adapter, Quick Connect Propane Hose Connect to Motorhome Tabletop Grill
- Funmit 12 Feet RV Quick Connect Propane Hose, Quick Disconnect Propane Hose Extension for Most LP Gas Low Pressure Application
- DOZYANT 24 feet Low Pressure Propane Quick-Connect Hose, RV Quick Connect Propane Hose, Quick Disconnect Propane Hose Extension - 1/4” Safety Shutoff Valve & Male Full Flow Plug for RVs
These are the known generators that these parts fit. I only listed the inverter type generators.
- Champion Power Equipment 100900 2000-Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator, Ultralight (Older Model)
- Champion Power Equipment 100402 2000-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator, Parallel Ready (Newer Model)
- Champion Power Equipment 200961 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator, Ultralight (Larger Capacity)
- Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start
- Champion Power Equipment 200988 4500-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator, Electric Start (Full RV)
Grounding Plug for generator (if you have an EMS system)
- Southwire Company LLC 44400 Surge Guard Generator Neutral
- Link on how to make one yourself (about $5) https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electricity-generator-neutral-bonding-basics/
This is necessary to allow your A/C to start on a smaller Generator (As small as 2000 watts)